When we opened The Happy Chocolatier in October 2011, little did we know the month is one of chocolate celebrations. So, we are happy to add our anniversary to the many chocolate holidays in October. It appears there are plenty of opportunities (or excuses) to come to The Happy Chocolatier to enjoy some chocolate in this month.
And, the best reason to come into The Happy Chocolatier in this month of chocolate celebrations: As part of our second anniversary celebration, from October 7th through 21st we are offering a free ice cream cone to anyone who brings in a small or large bag of food for the Acton Food Pantry.
Here are some of the fun holidays to celebrate this month:
- October is National Dessert Month
- How about getting some chocolates and ice cream to share with family and friends after dinner
- October is National Cookie Month
- Chocolate covered sandwich cookies, s’mores or a chocolate chip ice cream cookie sandwich (with your choice of ice cream) are a great way to take advantage of this holiday
- October 9th is the birthday of Philippe Suchard
- One of the greatest chocolatiers in Switzerland and inspiration to many candy makers
- October 10th is National Dessert Day
- What’s better than ice cream and chocolate for dessert?
- October 14th is Columbus Day
- Explorer Christopher Columbus brought the first cocoa beans back to Europe after his fourth visit to the “New World.” One might bring some chocolate treats home or to a friend.
- October 18th is National Cupcake Day
- The Happy Chocolatier has candy treats to decorate homemade cupcakes and rich chocolate bars to make your icing
- October 19th is Sweetest Day
- The Retail Confectioners Association states that it is: the occasion which offers all of us an opportunity to remember the sick, aged and orphaned, but also friends, relatives and associates whose helpfulness and kindness we have enjoyed. And we know the sweetest way to remember someone is with chocolate!
- Sweetest Day is also the anniversary of the opening of The Happy Chocolatier retail store in Acton where the experience, chocolates and ice cream are meant to bring others a bit (or bite) of happiness.
- October 28th is National Chocolate Day
- As a local chocolate company, The Happy Chocolatier offers area residents a family-owned business providing excellent chocolate treats and gifts.
- October 31 is Halloween
- The Happy Chocolatier has some fun hand-crafted Halloween chocolate treats for the special kid in your life. From hand-decorated chocolate ghost pops to dark chocolate foiled pumpkins to mini-gift bags, we’ve a Halloween treat sure to bring some happiness to the recipient.